Followers

Thursday 26 January 2012

Liberation Day!

Today was Liberation Day in Uganda. A day to celebrate nearly 3 decades of ruling by M7 and the NRM party ...

Today I liberated:


  • A few braincells as I had my last glass of white wine around midnight last night
  • A couple of hundred thousand Ugandan Shillings from my wallet as I shelled out for a new phone. Last night, I came home to no light whatsoever so thought it would be a great idea to perch my phone on the sink as a light source. It was, until it dropped into the sink and appeared to die. I dismantled it and dried it out as best I could in the pitch darkness, but in the morning it still appeared to be dead. I invested in a new phone that can access maps, You Tube, Facebook, Internet and God knows what else, but have no idea how to make a call or send a text. Old phone now seems to have resurrected itself. Will dedicate time at the weekend to a spot of manual reading!
  • At least a million calories on the roasting hot mid-afternoon bike ride
  • A few tears as my eyes watered when I got suncream stuck in them
  • Much orange dust that was washed down the plughole after the bike ride
  • Most importantly, the beautiful bike ride with views overlooking Lake Victoria liberated me from all of the stress of the job fair weekend
Feels good to be liberated!

No comments: