Followers

Sunday 20 May 2012

Ssesee Islands

It was one of those perfect lazy weekends away with friends. Good company, yummy food, gorgeous views, bike rides around the island and lots of lazing around the pool. I have never seen Lake Victoria looking so beautiful - the light glistened on the water and the distant hills made me think I was on a Mediterranean island, not one degree south of the Ugandan Equator. I have not photo-shopped these pictures - the water really was crystal clear! It's a shame we couldn't dip in the water for fear of being snapped by a crocodile!

I spent the weekend in a lovely house full of eclectic artwork on Bulago Island (one of the Ssesee Islands) just an hour away from Entebbe. I was there to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday and her five years spent in Uganda. We have all decided to go back in another forty years, but then we will be flying in on our private jets!

I seriously recommend a visit to One Minute South!





Cool wood carving!

Here's how I spent the night with Daniel Craig!

This view was my reward for climbing the hill!


No comments: