Followers

Saturday 8 October 2011

We go, We go, We go ...

Whilst it may be a bit of a challenge to find a bag of sugar in the Kampala shops at the moment, there is certainly no shortage of vuvuzuelas. I was rudely awakened by one outside my house this morning and people have been honking on them non-stop ever since. Uganda is playing Kenya today at Namboole and spirits are certainly high. Every boda in town is adorned with the Ugandan flag and I've seen a gazillion Cranes shirts on the backs of Ugandans and Mzungus alike.

Try as I might, I can't muster up much enthusiasm for the old game of two halves. I also wonder if I am the only person in the world who has no interest in the Rugby World Cup right now. I had a pleasant afternoon reading my book and going for a swim instead!

It was nil-nil at half time if you're interested, but have just heard an almighty cheer, so perhaps Uganda has scored. Blar, blar, blar ...

No comments: