Followers

Saturday 15 October 2011

I think it's time for Ali to have an adventure!

It's a sunny morning in Kampala and I have finally come to the end of an incredibly long half term. Tomorrow I'm off on safari, returning to the lovely Katara Lodge for a spot of R & R and a little animal spotting, should the mood take me. This time we're taking it easy, hiring a car and a driver, I am on holiday after all. You never know - I may actually have some adventures to talk about when I get back ...

2 comments:

Miss Footloose | Life in the Expat Lane said...

May I suggest that when you see a big elephant, you get out of the car, get close and take a photo. Just be sure your lens cap is off ;)

This happened once, in Kenya. An enthusiastic Peace Corp Volunteer friend of ours did the above, then got back in the car where her travel mates sat in frozen horror watching her. She then discovered she'd forgotten to take the cap off her lens (this was before digital cameras).

Have a fabulous time on your safari! Oh, and don't throw bottle caps at a sleeping crocodile while you're boating in the Nile. I survived this, but not by much. Humans have an enormous capacity for idiocy, and this bottle-cap thrower was proof.

alibongo1978 said...

Ha ha - brilliant! Thank you - this has just reminded me to take the battery out of the charger and put it in the camera (especially good idea since there is no power here right now anyway!)
Will be sure to post any photos I take!