Followers

Thursday 25 August 2011



Oh dear - I'm still struggling to get going on the old blogging. I could blame being ultra busy at the start of a school year or the notorious power cuts, but ultimately I am out of practise and feeling a little uninspired. As I enter my fourth year in Uganda, I find it hard to see anything new. I could tell you about the 'Pothole Tourette's  Syndrome' that we're all suffering at the moment (it is impossible to drive over the one at the end of the road without saying 'bloodyhell - I swear it's getting worse', or an hour's wait for a coffee, but then I feel it's all been said before! 

So I have decided to adopt the same 'get it over and done with' approach that I used with running. I hadn't dealt with the heat or the hills throughout the summer at home, where I happily trotted along the smooth, flat roads in a temperate climate. I knew the first run back here would be sheer hell, but after a few outings, it's getting easier. If I could just apply the same tactic to writing ... but unfortunately it's all too easy to hit the delete button!

Maybe it really is the return to school. I am exhausted, mainly from the anticipation of the new school year. The first couple of days are always fuelled by pure adrenalin (yeah - it's extreme teaching you know!), the following 3 being a sledgehammer comedown.

Right - enough for today. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!


No comments: