Followers

Wednesday 15 June 2011

And the winner is ...

Primary Awards night, the equivalent of the Oscars in school, where all the teachers put on their gladrags and celebrate the academic, sporting and artistic achievements of the past year.

Unfortunately I was struck down with a nasty bout of an illness that afflicts me from time to time - verbal diarrhea  (my attempt at spelling this word was so bad that the Spellcheck did not recognise it and I had to Google Imodium to find the correct version. I really should invest in a dictionary). The stage lights blinded me and I was a little overwhelmed at the thought of the end of the year and so forth.

Mistake number 1: accidentally walking across the stage with the glass of wine I had not quite finished during the interval. I am sure that did not look great.

By the time the Year 6 awards come around it is very difficult to find anything original to say about the award winners. I heard myself saying that the maths award winner had a brain quicker than a computer, but am not sure whether my aside about it not being that difficult, considering the appalling state of our computers, was noticed. My next clanger was that the art award winner was not only great with a paintbrush, but also had a true artistic temperament. I then jibbered on some complete nonsense for some time, before handing over the microphone to somebody with a modicum of professionalism.

Oh dear! I conclude that I am far too tired to enagage in any form of public speaking. Never mind though, I can probably have a lie in tomorrow as I probably don't have a job to go to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop it. You were great, and looked pretty too.