Followers

Thursday 23 June 2011

Half holiday!

It's been wind down week in school. A week of cleaning out cupboards, tying up loose ends and sneaking off for long lunches with friends and colleagues. Who knew that whilst we're beavering away in school, being lucky if we have time to shovel in a quick sandwich, that the Kampala coffee shops are buzzing with the office workers, NGO workers and all the ladies who lunch?

I've decided that I'm on half holiday. I treated myself to manicures and pedicures and a facial. After all, these are treats that I can't afford once I go home. The salon, incidentally, was full of teachers doing exactly the same thing!

So now I am rested and ready to go home for the summer. I'm only taking home the bare minimum, so I can shop till I drop! I'm looking forward to catching up with friends and family and having a little peace and quiet, away from the barking dogs and the loud parties that keep me awake at night. Hopefully I can squeeze just a little Ugandan sunshine in my suitcase though!

No comments: