Followers

Thursday 21 April 2011

Older not wiser!

Last night I celebrated the start of my 33rd year. I thought about writing one of those reflective pieces about where I'm going in life and so forth, but then again, it's 6pm and my head is still feeling a little fuzzy!

I was touched that so many friends came out to celebrate with me, especially at such a busy time of year when everyone is rushing around before the holidays. Some friends were so committed to making sure I had a good birthday that they even stayed out dancing with me until the wee small hours of the morning! This morning I started to suspect that maybe it wasn't such a good idea on a school night ... when will I ever learn?

The good news is that I am finally on holiday. This time I'm staying put and trying to save my cash for the summer holidays in the UK. I'm looking forward to lazy days by the pool and reading a few books.
 Just to keep me out of trouble, here's my holiday 'To do' list:

  • A bike ride to the Equator - more about that later
  • Make a photo book of my safari photos
  • Take photos of my local neighbourhood - today I realised I have been living here for over two years and have hardly any photos of the day to day stuff
  • Maybe, just maybe, paint my flat
  • Pool time for reading and tanning (I am so pale it is hard to believe I live in Uganda, but my classroom does have a roof!)
  • Try out some new recipes
  • Teach my maid how to make a few simple dishes
  • Morning swims, runs and maybe a spot of yoga
So now I've made my list public, I have to do at least half of it and I am not allowed to spend all day watching DVDs!

No comments: