Followers

Saturday 26 February 2011

Letters of Motivation

I have many tales to tell from the Kili trip, but will start with something that helped us all along the way. Each morning, we opened letters from friends, family and students with motivational messages. It was great to know that people believed in us and were thinking of us while we were away.
The funniest letter came from a student I taught last year, which reminded us that the mountain was very, very high and that she did not think we were that fit! Luckily we read it at the beginning and were able to laugh it off. My absolute favourite letter came from a boy in my class, who was very envious of the trip and said:
Please take care of my teacher and don't let her get lost in the snow desert!
Very cute indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELP!!! My nephew has asked me to write him a motivational letter. What on earth do I put in it? Should it be long? Short? A three page essay?

alibongo1978 said...

Hey there,

Short motivational letters are just fine. It's just good to know that people at home are thinking of you and believe in you. You may want to include some kind of inspirational quote from a favourite writer, musician or sportsperson. Photos are also great.

Hope this helps! Ali x