Followers

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Getting snappy in the Lakes

Here are a few of my favourite shots from the photography course I did in Keswick last Friday. Obviously the stunning setting helps!


Two slighty different photos of Derwent Water - one in colour, one in B & W. Can't decide which I prefer!



I'm quite chuffed with this picture of Lodore Falls as the camera is in full manual mode and I used a long exposure and small depth of field. Hopefully I will remember all the technical jiggery-pokery next time I see a waterfall. I changed it into B & W afterwards as I think it looks more dramatic!


I love the detail on this foxglove. I won't explain how it appears to be on a plain white background as a magician never reveals her secrets!



Of course, that swan feather just 'happened' to be sitting on the stone on the water! I love the mixture of textures and the reflection on this photo.

I did the course with Maria from Lake District Light - highly recommended for anyone who needs a boost of inspiration or the tecnical know-how to get out of 'Auto'!

No comments: