Followers

Sunday 19 September 2010

Another day at the races

Goatzilla and Atilla the Goat were back in town this weekend for the 2010 Royal Ascot Goat Races.Anyone who is anyone in Uganda was there - from celebrities to politicians and a shedload of wealthy mzungus excited by the prospect of donning their gladrags. This year was more extravagent than ever, as we were lucky enough to be upgraded to the VIP tent where the pink bubbly stuff flowed non-stop ... and when supplies ran low, our friends in high places discovered the secret stash and ensured our glasses were topped up to the brim at all times. I placed a modest bet of 3000 Shillings on a goat - but forgot to watch the race as I got distracted by a glass of the pink bubbly stuff - whoopsy! Apparently I also missed the first aeronautical display in Uganda - am not quite sure how! Today I am checking Facebook in the hope that no pictures from the latter end of the day have been posted and am ready to detag any I don't like. The Goat Races give you a rare opportunity to get really dressed up, but in retrospect the cute little pink kitten heels weren't such a great idea as I spent half the day trying to unstick myself out of the mud. I am a bit disappointed that I didn't make the cut for the Red Pepper's Goat Race hot babes section!!http://www.ugandaonline.net/gallery.
A good day was had by all but I imagine a bad day is being had by many today!

No comments: