Followers

Thursday 26 August 2010

The Tower

'The Tower' is perhaps the revered and sought after staff accommodation. Battles have been fought over securing in a spot in this Kampala des-res. My new flat is on the third floor and boasts great views of ... well Kampala really! It's a lively place, with regular braiis (barbeques) courtesy of our South African friends and of course the odd party here and there. In the week, though, it's fairly peaceful and I have a huge space all to myself. I'm enjoying my quiet times there, but also love the fact that I can drop into a neighbour's house for a cup of tea still in my slippers. Right now, there seems to be a little competition over who has the cutest puppy!
The odd drama has also unfolded within the compound walls. I'm hoping for an altogether more tranquil experience. I wonder what the year has install?

No comments: