Followers

Monday 30 April 2012

Rhinos!

Last week I took Matilda (my car) on her final road trip up to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. A special visitor decided to perch on the bonnet gaze at his reflection in the windscreen before climbing up onto the roof. It was only on closer inspection that I realised that Ugandan crowned cranes have very long and sharp claws ... oops!

This time we saw eight of the twelve rhinos in the sanctuary, including Obama, who was 'being stubborn' last time I visited. Apparently, he is behaving much better now he is a teenager!

I didn't realise the big bull was having a gigantic pee when I took his photo - I'm glad I wasn't standing too close to the action.

We spent an hour following the rhinos around and left as the heavens opened and the roads turned into slippery mud. Matilda was non too happy as she's really a city girl and was well out of her comfort zone in such conditions!





No comments: