Followers

Thursday 9 December 2010

Freshly disappointed




There I was, all excited about getting into the Cape Town vibe at the 'Freshly Ground' concert on Saturday, when I hear news that they have cancelled due to some disagreement over the contracts. Disappointed does not even start to describe it! Good music concerts are such a rarity here that I would probably go and see 'Chas n Dave' if they said they were playing Kampala! That being said, I did give the riotous R-Kelly concert a wide berth last year.

Instead I will have to content myself with the Am-Dram group's pantomime - 'Shrekerella'. Penned and directed by an Austrian and starring a range of nationalities from German to American, it promises to be interesting at the very least! I will have to prep my Ukrainian friend in the rituals of pantomime beforehand I think, especially as Thursdays reputedly attract the most raucous Old Kampala ex-pat crowd.

So come on 'Freshly Ground' please change your minds and come and play afterall. Kampala needs you!

No comments: